Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What's new

I'm going away to New Hampshire for a few days tomorrow... and I still had the delphinium and astilbe that I bought on Saturday to put in the ground! So, after dinner, I did just that. And, as is wont to happen, I moved a couple other things around: one of the holly from the front garden went into the back and really made the spot it now occupies look really nice (and here I really didn't like it much when it was out front! It's all about context), and a poor crowded euphorbia was moved over in front of the delphinium, who now occupy the space where the holly used to live.

One thing I really love about gardening is how close to art is really is... you're considering color, composition, contrast, texture, lights and darks... all of it! I'm obviously taking the same intuitive approach to my gardening as I do my art, which rather tickles me.

OK, I should get off to bed so I can get an early start in the morning!

P.S. It seems that I was able to get most, if not all, the sawfly larvae off my roses, and they are doing just fine—we've got some blooms starting. What a relief!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I'd really love to see more pictures of all this. I wish I had considered color more when I started gardening, but I really didn't, which accounts for all the odd clashes I have now.

    ReplyDelete